-1/2 cup onions, chopped · 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
· 1/2 cup milk
· 2 – 10.5oz. cans cream of chicken soup
· 2 cups chicken (or turkey), cooked & cubed
· 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
· 4 cups cooked bite-size pasta, any variety
· 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Brown onion in butter. Stir in soup, chicken, milk, and 1 1/2 cups cheese; heat until cheese melts. Blend sauce with cooked noodles; pour into buttered baking dish. Mix the remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bread crumbs and place on top. Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze. Alternate freezing option: Place noodle mixture in Ziploc freezer bag. Place bread crumb mixture in pint size freezer Ziploc bag. Freeze both bags.
Remove foil or if in Ziploc bag, pour into buttered baking dish and top with bread crumb topping before baking.
If thawed: Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot.
If frozen: Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until hot.