8 (to feed 2-4 you put meal into two 8×8 pans)
This Manicotti recipe makes 2- 8×8 pans “so one for tonight and one to freeze.” If you would prefer 8 servings, make as directed, but use 1- 9×13 inch pan instead.
1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
1 (16 ounce) carton small curd low fat cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese , grated
1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese , grated
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley , chopped
2 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
1. Boil manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, mix cheeses, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs.
2. Drain manicotti running cold water over it.
3. Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture.
4. Place them in two- 8×8 pans. Coat pans with nonstick spray, and pour sauce around the manicotti.
5. Cover dish with foil and freeze.
6. When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired.
7. To prepare for serving, thaw and preheat oven to 350F.
8. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.