Amanda, a blog friend in Illinois shares this recipe saying, ” I love the many optional toppings to make this soup truly your own!” Serves 6.
1 lb. ground beef
6 1/2 c. water
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 cans (26 oz each) undiluted Tomato soup
1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 c. (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
sausage….pepperoni…. black olives….. green peppers…. shredded cheese…..
1. Cook beef in a soup kettle or dutch oven or a skillet and then transfer into a pot on medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
2. Add soup, water, spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
5. Garnish with toppings, if desired.
Cook soup and bag desired amount and freeze for later.
****I would add optional toppings to the pot last 5 minutes of cooking and let simmer, or you could put toppings in bowls and let family members garnish themselves.